Database Administrator | Apply
Main Duties / Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have the direct responsibility of supporting the ICT Department with the planning, administration, installation, configuration and control of the database systems used by the Corporation and ensuring efficiency, integrity and security of the corporate technological environment. He shall report to the Director of Information Technology (DICT).
The duties of the Database Administrator shall comprise:
- Database Administration
- Database Maintenance
- Database Support
- Database Security
- Back up & Recovery
- ICT Risk & Compliance
- Ensuring full compliance with the ICT policies and procedures
Key Performance Indicator
- Quality of database operations administration
- Performance of systems
- Internal user feedback
- Quality & Timeliness of updates
- Efficiency & Effectiveness
- Quality of restore and backup retrieval
- Audit findings
Technical Competencies Required for this Position
- Oracle database core administration experience
- Oracle e-business Suite Application and database administration will be an added advantage
- Experience in SQL/SQL* Plus programming PL/SQL and stored procedures/packages
- Experience in deployment in SOA suite, creation of Data sources, JMS destination, securing web services
- Experience in setup of High Availability architecture with clustering for Oracle Apps server and RAC for databases
- Experience working with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience in performance tuning of Oracle 10g Application Server preferred
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Applicants not older than 40 years and should hold the following qualification:
- First University degree in relevant field (Computer Science/ Engineering) plus Masters plus 5 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in Data base Management;
- First University degree in relevant field (Computer Science/Engineering) plus full professional qualification plus 5 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in Data base Management;
- First University degree in relevant field (Computer Science/ Engineering) plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work in Data base Management.
Additional requirements for candidates for this position:
Applicants must be:
- Nationals of member States of Africa Re;
- Additional professional qualification in Oracle Certified Professional (Database Administration) will be an added advantage.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be an added advantage.
- Relevant work experience in a Reinsurance company, in the department of Reinsurance of an insurance company or in a reputable international organization would be an added advantage.
Salary and other conditions of service are competitive and comparative to what is obtainable in similar international organizations.