Olayinka Odutola, BSc, MSc, MBA, MALD, FCIB, FERP, FCTP, PhD (in View), is a Professional Banker and trainer with over 3 decades experience. This cuts across Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM) & Basel Accord Framework Design & Implementation, Credit Risk Management, Credit Policy, Credit Culture, Risk Research & Training, Sales, Marketing and Business Development, Branch, zonal and Regional Management, Banking Operations, Customer Relationship Management, Audit, Inspection, Collections and Loan Recovery / special Asset Management in banks. He also had a brief stint in the Mortgage Banking Industry and extensive experience in the Micro Finance sector.
He was at various times the Chief Inspector, Head, Loan Workout Group, Head, Enterprise Risk Management, Regional Manager, Area Business Executive, Branch Manager, Head of Banking Operations and Head, Credit Policy & Culture / Head, Research & Training in his banking career.
- A Fellow, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria FCIB
- A Fellow, Association of Enterprise Risk Management Professionals FERP
- A Fellow, Certified Training Professional of the Finance FCTP
Accreditation Agency, FAA, MALAYSIA
- A full Member, Nigeria Institute of Management (Chartered) MNIM
- An Associate, Institute of Capital Market Registrars ACMR
- An Associate, Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators ACIArb
- An Associate, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria ACIPM
- An Associate, National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria ANIM
- An Associate, Certified Pensions Institute of Nigeria ACIP
- Member International Association of Risk & Compliance Professionals IARCP
- Member, Global Association of Risk Professionals GARP
He also recently (MAY 2019) completed and PASSED the examination (currently awaiting the award) of the following global certifications in Accountancy.
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA,UK ACMA
- Associate, Chartered Global Management Accountants CGMA
In 2020, he passed the final papers of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers examination, currently awaiting induction as Associate, ACS.
He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, (BSc,) Masters in Business Administration (MBA, OAU, ILE IFE), Masters of Arts in Law and Diplomacy (MALD, UNIJOS) and a Masters degree in Finance (MSc, COVENANT UNIVERSITY).
He is currently studying towards a PhD in Finance at the Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Is currently a Member of the Governing Council of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria, CIBN and also, member of the Strategy & Advocacy Committee.
In addition he:
- was a Chief Examiner of Principles and Practice of Risk Management, a subject in the professional examination stage of the foremost banking Institute, the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria CIBN and currently an examiner in the MFI (MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS GROUP) where he also specializes in PPRM (Principles and Practice of Risk Management). He was also an examiner in the Microfinance banking examination of the InstituteCIBN
- Is a faculty member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers CIBN, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, ICAN, Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers CIS, Financial Institutions Training Centre, FITC and Association of Enterprise Risk Management Professionals AERMP.
- was a member of CBN – CIBN Project team that worked on FSS 2020 (Financial System Strategy 2020) blueprint aimed at developing and transforming Nigeria’s financial sector into a growth catalyst and engineering Nigeria’s evolution into an international financial center.
- was selected as one of the judges of Nigerian Risk Awards 2014, alongside top international and local Risk experts and became the Co-Chair and Nigerian Risk Awards 2016-2018
- has trained a great number of employees of organizations from different sectors of the economy including Manufacturing, FMCG, Utilities, Nigerian Banks, Insurance, Pensions, and the capital market (including the regulators CBN, NDIC, NAICOM, PENCOM, SEC, NSE) and AMCON, and professionals in the Non – Financial sectors, on various aspects of risk management. His exploits in risk management training and capacity building has also taken him beyond the shores of this country to Ghana in Africa among others.
- is one of the very few outstanding professionals (the first set) given Practice License & Seal by CIBN to consult in the field of Banking, Finance & Allied Matters, the first in the history of Africa.
- is a regular commentator (through the print media and television) on macroeconomic issues and policies of the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Monetary Policy formulation by the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN.
- was a regular columnist (on Business & Risk Management) with the Business World Newspaper.
- was a columnist on Banking & Finance in the Vanguard Newspapers.
- Is a SMEDAN (Small & Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria) certified trainer & a regular speaker at various entrepreneurship & business gathering, wealth/job creation seminars and workshops, both in the formal and informal sectors of the economy.
Participated in the first and only GARP (Global Association of Risk Practitioners) Train the Trainer course held in conjunction with CIBN, 2013